Thank you for your interest in working for Bryan ISD as a substitute employee!
How to Become a Substitute in Bryan ISD
- Complete Full Online Application – Be sure to list PROFESSIONAL references and their email addresses. (Current/former colleagues, friends and family members are not considered professional references).
- Complete Fingerprinting Process – If you do not have an existing fingerprinting file, you will be emailed information with a FAST PASS. Once completed/cleared, you will be invited to attend a substitute orientation. Instructions on completing new substitute paperwork will be included in the email.
- Attend Orientation – Please bring an official copy of your college transcripts and/or high school diploma/GED along with your completed paperwork, two forms of ID and a voided check for payroll.
- Complete Required Substitute orientation – Within one month of the training, substitutes without an active teacher certification or IA certification must also complete an online STEDI training course to remain active. More about this training requirement will be shared at the orientation.
- Receive Email – You will receive an email (within three working days) from Absence Manager (formerly known as Aesop) with a link and PIN to manage your settings for accepting substitute jobs.
Requirements to Become a Substitute in Bryan ISD
- Paraprofessional Substitute (Clerical/Aide/Teacher Assistant) – Requires a high school diploma or GED. You will need to provide an official copy of your diploma or GED.
- Professional Substitute – Requires 30+ college hours, 60+ college hours, degree. You will need to provide official transcripts.
- Permanent Substitute – Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. You will need to provide official transcripts.
- Associate Teacher – Requires a valid teaching certificate. You will need to provide official transcripts.
*Click here to view the substitute pay rates.
Requirements to Remain Active as a Substitute in Bryan ISD
- Complete the STEDI.org online training within 30 days of active status with Absence Manager. Submit an electronic PDF copy of the certificate to Jo Kalns at email@example.com.
- Remain ACTIVE by fulfilling three FULL days (or an accumulated equivalent of three full days) as a substitute for any campus or department per month. “Non-Working Days” can be marked in Absence Manager (Aesop) to indicate days you are unable to work.
- Complete required modules training (offered during the new substitute orientation).
- Remain in favorable standing with campuses. Be on time, report as scheduled, and be professional.
- Complete required training sessions, as assigned (scheduled in the fall and spring semesters).
- Failure to meet any of these requirements can result in deactivation as a substitute/tutor. Once inactivated, you must reapply and complete new reactivation paperwork with approval of the Bryan ISD Human Resources Department.