KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFO. (pre-K info. is listed below)
A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten. Please register children at the school they are zoned to attend this Fall. Students enrolling in Bryan ISD must provide the following documents:
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate or other form of legal identification. Examples include:
- Drivers License.
- Military ID
- Hospital birth record.
- Adoption records.
- Church baptismal record.
- Any other legal documentation that establishes identity.
- Child's social security card (optional but preferred)
- Child's immunization record validated by a physician's signature or stamp including DPT, poliomyelitis, varicella, hepatitis A & B, and measles-mumps-rubella. (A TB test is required if
- Appropriate Pre-K eligibility documentation (Pre-K students only)
- Proof of Residency (need 1)
If living in own residence or renting:
- Provide current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) showing name, current address and date.
- Provide current rental agreement or lease (If renting or leasing).
If building in Bryan ISD:
- Provide builder's contract showing projected completion date (must be less than six months).
- Campus will follow up (at projected completion date).
- Provide utility bill (water, gas, or electric), utility deposit, or connection confirmation showing new address.
If living in another person’s residence:
- Provide parent/guardian driver’s license or government issued photo id.
- Provide driver’s license or government issued photo id of person responsible for residence (owner).
- Provide current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) showing name of owner, current address and date.
- Residence owner to complete affidavit of residency (notarized).
- If child(ren) not living with parent, provide court document or Authorization Agreement for Non-Parent Relative (signed by parent /guardian and notarized).
- Campus will follow up (In 30-60 days & for following school years).
- Provide parent/guardian driver’s license or government issued photo id with residence address or current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) in parent/guardian name showing residence address.
- Next Year – provide attending school with same/current information for proof of residency including updated Affidavit of Residency.
All residency affidavits are subject to verification by campus/attendance officer and if falsification of information is determined, withdrawal is immediate in accordance with Board Policy FD (legal).
PRE-K REGISTRATION INFO.
The Bryan Independent School District offers an instructional program for eligible 4-year-olds at selected campuses (see below). Please register children at the school they are zoned to attend this Fall.
Children will either attend a morning or afternoon session.Transportation is available.
- Four years old on or before September 1.
Meet one of the following eligible reasons:
a. Limited English language proficiency; or
b. Income within guidelines for free/reduced meals (proof of income required); or
c. Be homeless; or
d. Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
e. Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserved component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
f. Have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department Family and Protective Services (DFPS) (foster care) following an adversary hearing.
Documents listed above.
To Learn More About Pre-K Registration, call: