State accountability ratings from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for the 2018-2019 school year indicate that as a district, Bryan ISD’s “score” rose five domain points to 79.3. While the district will remain rated at “C,” to increasing by that many points as a district means significant gains took place in multiple areas of all domains. Specifically, Bryan ISD saw significant gains in Academic Achievement and College, Career and Military Readiness (CCMR).
With CCMR specifically, Bryan Collegiate High School received an A and both Bryan and Rudder High Schools received a B. Ensuring students are prepared for college, the military or a career post high school is a top goal of both the Bryan ISD Board of Trustees and the Bryan community as a whole. This indicator reinforces that Bryan ISD students are prepared for success after graduation.
District campuses also garnered 30 total distinctions, which are a measure of whether a school ranks among the top quartile of 40 “like or similar” schools across the state. In other words, distinctions are a measure of how schools perform against similar schools.
Bryan ISD 2018-2019 Academic Distinctions
- Bryan HS: Math, Science, Social Studies
- Rudder HS: Social Studies
- Bryan Collegiate HS: ELA/Reading, Math, Science, Academic Growth, Postsecondary Readiness, Closing the Gaps
- Davila MS: Academic Growth
- SFA MS: Academic Growth
- Bonham ES: Math, Postsecondary Readiness
- Bowen ES: ELA/Reading, Math, Postsecondary Readiness, Closing the Gaps
- Branch ES: Math
- Fannin ES: Math, Academic Growth, Closing the Gaps
- Jones ES: Math
- Kemp-Carver ES: Math, Academic Growth, Closing the Gaps
- Navarro ES: Math
- Neal ES: Math, Postsecondary Readiness
- Ross ES: Math
The 2018-2019 accountability ratings indicate that 21 Bryan ISD campuses met the TEA’s standard for passing. Mitchell Elementary received an unacceptable rating by less than one percentage point. The district will have additional resources at the school in 2019-2020 to ensure the TEA rating better reflects Mitchell’s positive learning environment.
More information about the 2019 Accountability Ratings are on the TEA Website: https://tea.texas.gov/2019accountability.aspx