Superintendent Christie Whitbeck's 2019-2020 Salary Recommendations to the Bryan ISD Board
It is my recommendation that the Board of Trustees approve the following employee salary increases to become effective for the 2019-2020 school year.
1. A salary increase for all eligible classroom teachers, counselors, librarians and nurses to meet the new salary schedule as proposed. Our teachers, counselors, librarians, and nurses will receive an increase of 4.7% to 14%, which includes larger increases in related years of experience.
2. A salary increase for all eligible custodial, school nutrition, auxiliary staff and transportation bus aides and drivers of 10% of the midpoint for their respective pay groups.
• Increases the beginning hourly rate for bus drivers by $2.50, from $15.50 to $18.00.
3. A salary increase for all eligible paraprofessional staff, excluding Special Education, of 6% of the midpoint for their respective pay groups.
4. A salary increase for all eligible special education paraprofessionals to meet the new hire-in schedule as proposed. This will result in up to a $2,500-$3,000 annual increase.
5. A salary increase for all eligible professional and administrative employees of 3% of the midpoint for their respective pay groups. This includes campus administrators.
6. Bryan ISD will continue paying the same amount of employee insurance premiums, $435 per month, and insurance costs are not expected to increase.