Thank you for your interest in working for Bryan ISD as a substitute employee!
HOW TO BECOME A SUBSTITUTE IN BRYAN ISD
- Complete Full Online Application – Be sure to list supervisory references and their email addresses. (Current/former colleagues, friends and family members are not considered supervisory references).
- Complete Fingerprinting Process – If you do not have an existing fingerprinting file, you will be emailed information for obtaining fingerprints from IdentoGO. Once completed/cleared, you will be invited to attend a substitute orientation. Instructions on completing new substitute paperwork will be included in the email.
- Attend Orientation – Please bring an official copy of your college transcripts and/or high school diploma/GED along with your completed paperwork, two forms of ID and a voided check for payroll.
- Receive Email – You will receive an email (within three working days) from Absence Manager (formerly known as Aesop) with a link and PIN to manage your settings for accepting substitute jobs.
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A SUBSTITUTE
- Paraprofessional Substitute (Clerical/Aide/Teacher Assistant) – Requires a high school diploma or GED. You will need to provide an official copy of your diploma or GED.
- Professional Substitute – Requires 30+ college hours, 60+ college hours, degree. You will need to provide official transcripts.
- Permanent Substitute – Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. You will need to provide official transcripts.
*Click here to view the substitute pay rates.
REQUIREMENTS TO REMAIN ACTIVE AS A SUBSTITUTE
- Remain ACTIVE by fulfilling two FULL days (or an accumulated equivalent of two full days) as a substitute for any campus or department per month. “Non-Working Days” can be marked in Absence Manager (Aesop) to indicate days you are unable to work.
- Complete required modules training and Letter of Reasonable Assurance (LORA) annually.
- Remain in favorable standing with campuses. Be on time, report as scheduled, and be professional.
- Failure to meet any of these requirements can result in deactivation as a substitute/tutor. Once inactivated, you must reapply and complete new reactivation paperwork with approval of the Bryan ISD Human Resources Department.