Bryan ISDChildren First. Always.

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu

New Student Registration Overview


. (pre-K info. is listed below)
A child must be 5 years of age on or before September 1 to enter kindergarten. Please register children at the school they are zoned to attend this Fall. Students enrolling in Bryan ISD must provide the following documents:
- Certified copy of the child's birth certificate or other form of legal identification. Examples include:
  • Drivers License.
  • Passport.
  • Military ID
  • Hospital birth record.
  • Adoption records.
  • Church baptismal record.
  • Any other legal documentation that establishes identity.
- Child's social security card (optional but preferred)

- Child's immunization record validated by a physician's signature or stamp including DPT, poliomyelitis, varicella, hepatitis A & B, and measles-mumps-rubella. (A TB test is required if
- Proof of Residency (need 1)
If living in own residence or renting:
  • Provide current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) showing name, current address and date.
  • Provide current rental agreement or lease (If renting or leasing).
If building in Bryan ISD:
  • Provide builder's contract showing projected completion date (must be less than six months).
  • Campus will follow up (at projected completion date).
  • Provide utility bill (water, gas, or electric), utility deposit, or connection confirmation showing new address.
If living in another person’s residence:
  • Provide parent/guardian driver’s license or government issued photo id.
  • Provide driver’s license or government issued photo id of person responsible for residence (owner).
  • Provide current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) showing name of owner, current address and date.
  • Residence owner to complete affidavit of residency (notarized).
  • If child(ren) not living with parent, provide court document or Authorization Agreement for Non-Parent Relative (signed by parent /guardian and notarized).
  • Campus will follow up (In 30-60 days & for following school years).
  • Provide parent/guardian driver’s license or government issued photo id with residence address or current utility bill (water, gas, or electric) in parent/guardian name showing residence address.
  • Next Year – provide attending school with same/current information for proof of residency including updated Affidavit of Residency.
All residency affidavits are subject to verification by campus/attendance officer and if falsification of information is determined, withdrawal is immediate in accordance with Board Policy FD (legal)
If you need to register a student for the current school year, please contact your campus.