Conducting Research in Bryan ISD
Bryan ISD encourages quality external research efforts, especially in areas that will improve educational outcomes and practices. The Department of Students Services and Accountability reviews all proposals to ensure that studies abide by high quality and ethical standards.
The application process was developed in order to:
- Coordinate new research projects with ongoing district research and evaluation.
- Protect district staff and students from unnecessary data collection.
- Consider project requests in light of federal and state privacy laws.
- Ensure that projects are of significance to the district and to the overall field of education.
You must submit an Application for Research prior to beginning any research in Bryan ISD. All information needed to complete and submit your proposal is included in the application (below). Please click on the link, save the file and type directly into the form. Once you've completed all parts of the application, please submit it via US mail or e-mail, as indicated on the last page of the form. An incomplete application may lead to a delay in processing.
- No data collection is allowed on test days. Be sure to consult the district calendar.
- The research/evaluation review process takes two-to-four weeks, not including holidays. When your application is received, your project will be given an identification number. The application will be assigned to a district staff Review Committee that will consider it in terms of feasibility, educational value and cost.
- A fee or costs may be assessed if your project requires the use of district databases.
Results of all research conducted in Bryan ISD must be provided to the district upon completion.
For more information about conducting research in the district, contact:
Dr. Jill Morris
Director of Accountability, Research, Evaluation and Assessment
Mail: 801 S. Ennis, Bryan, TX 77803