PLEASE READ BRYAN ISD's RETURN TO LEARN PLAN TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CURRENT UPDATES TO THE DISTRICT'S OPERATIONS. THE DOCUMENT CAN BE FOUND AT THE LINK BELOW AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BASED ON THE FLUID NATURE OF SCHOOL/COMMUNITY HEALTH CONCERNS AND TEXAS EDUCATION AGENCY GUIDELINES:
Visitors & Volunteers (ANY non-BISD staff member)
- Campus/building visits and some activities might be limited or suspended based on specific school and/or community health concerns/conditions and in accordance to the Texas Education Agency guidelines.
- To prevent the spread of COVID-19, reduce the potential risk of exposure to others and meet the
requirements of the Texas Education Agency, visitors and volunteers must complete a simple screening
questionnaire in order to access any Bryan ISD building. Participation is mandatory. The questionnaire can be found in the Return to Learn document linked above.
- Clinical teachers, college students/alternative certification candidates and other individuals requesting observation hours must be cleared through the District's background check process and are subject to principal and/or Director approval.
- In addition to being cleared through the District's background check process, clinical teachers, college students/alternative certification candidates and other individuals requesting observation hours are responsible for contacting the school directly. Placement, however, is not guaranteed. Higher education and alternative certification supervisors are encouraged to contact the school's principal and/or Area Director directly prior to requesting field experiences to their own students and to provide alternative ways to fulfill field-based requirements when possible.
- Eligible visitors and/or volunteers must check in at each campus/building and produce an acceptable identification document. As noted in the District's Return to Learn Plan, individuals might be subject to additional health & safety screening and training.
- Individuals seeking to volunteer in BISD, must complete the 2-Step Volunteer Application below, be successfully cleared through District's background process, adhere to all of BISD policies, guidelines and health protocols detailed on the Return to Learn plan linked above AND have campus/building approval.
2-STEP VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCEDURE
STEP 1. Background Check (required)
- Applicants must be cleared successfully in order to volunteer in Bryan ISD.
- Applicants will receive an email after completing application (Raptor System).
- Applicants will receive a second email with status notification (check SPAM folder).
Candidates who were previously cleared will need to re-submit their information annually within 30 days from the date they were originally cleared. Being cleared does not guarantee a volunteer opportunity. Principal/Area Director (or their designee) approval must be granted prior to volunteering at any campus/building.
STEP 2. Personal Information Form (required)
After submitting your information, you will not receive an automatic notification. Individuals are encouraged to contact each campus' volunteer coordinator unless they are part of a specific course coordinated by a college professor or certification program where placements have been conformed by each individual campus PRINCIPAL or his designee.
When reporting to volunteer, make sure to bring an acceptable form of ID, sign in at the front desk, and wear the VOLUNTEER name tag that will be printed by the campus/building receptionist. These labels must be printed every time a volunteer reports at a Bryan ISD campus/building and must be returned to the front office staff upon leaving the facility. Volunteers are also encouraged to self report hours using the Volunteer Portal.
*We will process all background checks and applications as soon as possible. For questions, please contact your campus'/building volunteer coordinator or university/program supervisor.
Thank you for serving the students of Bryan ISD.