UPDATED VISITOR AND VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES PER BISD'S RETURN TO LEARN DOCUMENT (DRAFT) RELEASED JULY 21, 2020.
Visitors & Volunteers (ANY non-BISD staff member)
● To limit exposure, campus visits will be restricted. (including during meal time).
○ Essential meetings will be done by appointment or through an online format.
○ In the event an individual visits a campus, they must pass a screener with temperature
monitoring to access a school campus.
● To ensure the safety of students and staff, no outside deliveries will be accepted (i.e.
parent/guardian/relative lunch drop off, commercial food delivery, floral deliveries, gifts, etc.)
In the event that a student needs lunch, the cafeteria will provide the meal.
● Until further notice, the use of field trips to enhance the educational experience will be
● Until further notice, there will be no large student assemblies.
●Clinical teachers, college students/alternative certification candidates requesting observation hours,
and other campus visits are under review.
Eligible visitors and/or volunteers under BISD's Return to Learn Plan will be subject to additional health & safety training and must be cleared through the District's background check explained below.
2-STEP VOLUNTEER APPLICATION PROCEDURE
STEP 1. Background Check (required)
- Applicants must be cleared successfully in order to volunteer in Bryan ISD.
- Applicants will receive an email after completing application (Raptor System).
- Applicants will receive a second email with status notification (check SPAM folder).
Candidates who were previously cleared will need to re-submit their information annually within 30 days from the date they were originally cleared. Being cleared does not guarantee a volunteer opportunity.
STEP 2. Personal Information Form (required)
After submitting your information, you will not receive an automatic notification. Individuals are encouraged to contact each campus' volunteer coordinator unless they are part of a specific course coordinated by a college professor or certification program where placements have been conformed by each individual campus PRINCIPAL or his designee.
When reporting to volunteer, make sure to bring an acceptable form of ID, sign in at the front desk, and wear your VOLUNTEER name tag. These labels must be printed every time a volunteer reports at a Bryan ISD building and must be returned to the front office staff upon leaving the facility. Volunteers are encouraged to self report hours using the Volunteer Portal.
*We will process all background checks and applications as soon as possible. For questions, please contact your campus' volunteer coordinator or university/program supervisor.
Thank you for serving the students of Bryan ISD.